Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Blog Ever!!

Well folks here goes my first attempt at a blog. The first time I ever heard the term "blog" I didn't know what it meant. "Web log" shortened to Blog makes sense but where did the "We" go?
No matter. I felt the need to write something down somewhere and since my daughter Mogan is an avid blogger, it made sense to do it on a blog whether anybody reads it or not. I really feel the need more than anything to document my experiences so that I can refer to them later when I have forgotten them and this is happening with astonishingly more frequency. I am aware that this is not an unusual occurence as we age but it does not make me feel any better about it.



My wife Rachel and I will be talking about past experiences and we have begun to realize that she would remember some things that I wouldn't and vice versa. If I can make a habit of logging the events of our lives, they will be forever preserved for future reference and future generations, assuming my decendents care about my past.



Rachel and I have been so blessed in the past that it is really a shame that we have not documented what God has done. Not to brag but just to bring glory to Him!! And again for the sake of remembering.

2 comments:

  1. Just kidding, I think the blog is really great, and we do have alot to be thankful for. Way more than we deserve! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete